[Pdns-users] PowerDNS Authoritative Server 4.2.0 Release Candidate 2
erik.winkels at open-xchange.com
Fri Jun 14 12:35:11 UTC 2019
(via: https://blog.powerdns.com/2019/06/14/powerdns-authoritative-server-4-2-0-release-candidate-2/ )
We are pleased to announce the second Release Candidate for Authoritative Server version 4.2.0. Many of our users have given RC1 a spin, and we very much appreciate their feedback.
RC2 contains a host of minor robustness improvements, some performance increases, and other improvements. We’ll name a few here; for the rest, please see the changelog:
- improved logging in gsqlbackend, and in the web server
- no more path discovery on UDP; no more disabling of TCP
- when truncating a response might strip out relevant glue, we instead truncate the whole packet now
- the `sdig` tool can query DoH servers now
- backend transactions (from either the API or pdnsutil) now use transactions correctly for most situations. This avoids funky ‘my record disappeared for 1 millisecond and now everybody has that cached’ situations.
- LUA records can now be configured to reuse their Lua state between invocations, giving a 7x speedup!
Please try this version, especially if you had any problems with RC1. With some luck, RC2 can become 4.2.0 with no changes in just a week or two!
The tarball (sig) is available at downloads.powerdns.com and packages for CentOS 6 and 7, Debian Jessie and Stretch, Ubuntu Bionic, Trusty, Xenial and Cosmic are available from repo.powerdns.com.
Please send us all feedback and issues you might have via the mailing list, or in case of a bug, via GitHub.
PowerDNS.COM BV -- https://www.powerdns.com
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 475 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Pdns-users