[Pdns-users] reverse zone /27 subnet - migrating from bind

Andy Smith andy at strugglers.net
Fri Jan 25 04:58:38 UTC 2019

Hi Martin,

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 05:09:48PM +0100, Martin Kellermann via Pdns-users wrote:
> example: our ISP delegates the subnet 10.10.10.192/27 to our server as primary NS.

What is the actual zone that the ISP has delegated to you? There are
a couple of variations in naming here, so you need to know. I have
not had any issues putting these zones into PowerDNS. They are zones
like any other, you just need to get the names right.

If you don't know the delegated name and you can't ask your ISP for
some reason, tell us one of the real IPs that works for reverse DNS
now. We can trace the delegation down from '.'.

Cheers,
Andy