[Pdns-users] Graphing as a service: Disappearing CPU graphs

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Wed Jan 23 13:58:51 UTC 2019

We use PowerDNS "Graphing as a service",

https://blog.powerdns.com/2014/12/11/powerdns-graphing-as-a-service/

for our pdns-recursor installations. Environment:

FreeBSD 11.2, PowerDNS Recursor 4.1.8, carbon-server=37.252.122.50.

This works well, with one minor but slightly irritating exception:

- The User CPU% and System CPU% graphs sometimes disappear, after
days/weeks of uptime. The *space* for the graphs (with legends for
User CPU% blue and System CPU% red, on the right hand side) is still
present but the graphs themselves are not shown.
- Sometimes both graphs disappear, sometimes only one of them.
- pdns-recursor continues to work normally and serve client queries
even if the graphs disappear.
- Restarting pdns-recursor always brings the graphs back (starting
from the time when pdns-recursor was restarted).

As I said this is a rather minor point, but it would be great to
have this fixed.

Steinar Haug, AS2116