[Pdns-users] oracle backend / DNS flag day

Leo Vandewoestijne pdns at unicycle.net
Mon Jan 21 14:14:47 UTC 2019

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade a powerdns (auth) server that is using the oracle backend,
which seems not compiling anymore since 4.1.0
This was reported at:
https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/issues/6203
https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/issues/6593 (dup)

Now I found the 4.0.6 release of last month, had hope, but although that installs,
test-interfaces reports that "dns flag day" will be a non-fatal doomday.
Which was described here:
https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/issues/6806

In resume: I need pre-4.1.x to have oracle working but post-4.0.x to have EDNS compliance.

Logically I choose for pre-4.1.x, otherwise I have no answers at all.
But what can I do to solve the EDNS compliance?

--

Met vriendelijke groet,
With kind regards,

Met vriendelijke groet,