[Pdns-users] Remote Backend SOA Response

bert hubert bert.hubert at powerdns.com
Sat Feb 23 09:16:10 UTC 2019

On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 08:12:40PM +1100, Chris Jones wrote:
> Thanks Bert, but I don’t understand how my backend is doing too much work?
> How does PowerDNS know what the zone is if my backend doesn’t figure it out?

Chris, please carefully read the blog post. It is in there.

"The PacketHandler can send many kinds of questions depending on the nature
of your zone.  For example, it may ask about SOA records, even for zones you
do not host in your backend.  This is because when a question comes in for
‘www.something.com’, PowerDNS must go hunt for a backend with relevant
data."

	Bert