[Pdns-users] DNS UPDATE failing (Failed PreReqqisites check)

MRob mrobti at insiberia.net
Wed Feb 6 21:53:33 UTC 2019

On 2019-02-04 10:20, Remi Gacogne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2/4/19 11:11 AM, MRob wrote:
>
>> Version is 4.0.0-alpha2 from repo where nothing newer available. Would
>> it be productive to use repo supplied by powerdns.com, I mean is it
>> possible a bug is in this version and has been fixed.
>
> Please start by upgrading to 4.1.6, yes. The alpha release shipped by
> Ubuntu is broken in many ways and should not be used by anyone.

That was in fact the problem, that old version has a TSIG related bug.
Update to pdns-server 4.2 repo fixed. Note I could not update
pdns-recursor to 4.1 repo, I got this error on startup:

STL Exception: Unable to open file '/usr/share/dns/root.hints': No such
file or directory

The file does exist. Some chroot problem maybe due to permissions on the
file from the 4.0-alpha version that was installed (its 0644)???  I
didn't try to fix because I can run recursor 4.0-alpha with server 4.2
and all systems cooperate.