[Pdns-users] pdns cannot handle large pdns notify

Jackson Yap jackson at apc.sg
Tue Dec 24 02:25:28 UTC 2019

Hi,

We have an urgent issue need help urgently.

We have a master pdns server which sends notify to pdns slave.

We realised when we do a pdns_control notify '*' , many axfrs cannot be
transferred to our pdns slave. We have about 500+ zones in total.

Only when we do specific domain notify like pdns_control notify 'example.com’,
it will work properly.

My question is, what settings could have provided mass pdns notify from
working properly?

I have searched everywhere and made changes to parameters like
max_tcp_connection etc, but none helped.