[Pdns-users] dealing with 30s TTL on NS/MX records (national-lottery.co.uk.)

Thomas Mieslinger miesi at mail.com
Wed Dec 4 21:05:22 UTC 2019

On 12/4/19 6:33 PM, jb-wisemo via Pdns-users wrote:
> On 2019-12-03 20:51, Thomas Mieslinger wrote:
>> [..]
> Besides workarounds on your side, have you tried using your
> position as a major operator of some kind to contact the tech
> teams at cameloginteractive.com and the National Lottery to
> make sure their load balancing/short TTL DNS entries are served
> by machines that don't throttle the resulting traffic?
>
> I happen to use a very similar technique for a lot of our traffic
> and get problems when downstream systems cache replies way beyond
> our TTL.  Of cause the DNS servers for those things are our own
> machines not throttling the requested traffic.

whois/rdap of nominet refuses to disclose info about national-lottery.co.uk

camelotinteractive.com is a private registration through GoDaddy so I
had to use this nice form... no feedback so far.

Mails to the SOA email record "hostmaster at camelotinteractive.com" come
back with "unroutable email address".

whois on their IPs shows that they have a /24 and a technical contact
"Thomas Leng". Unfortunately ripe does also not simply disclose the
email address of TL3148-RIPE.

The best I could find was a marketing paper by F5 citing him how pleased
he is with his new F5 gear.