[Pdns-users] Analysis sometimes succeeds sometimes unsuccessful

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Thu Aug 22 07:52:13 UTC 2019

On 22/08/2019 08:35, 姜伯洋 wrote:
> Like the following, I have added a good domain name, sometimes it can
> be parsed, but often, the parsing fails.
> The version of my recursive server is:
> rpm -qa |grep pdns
> pdns-recursor-4.1.9-1.el7.x86_64
>

> [root at ops-tmp-app-2 ~]# dig user.test.com @10.3.9.100 +short
> [root at ops-tmp-app-2 ~]# dig user.test.com @10.3.9.100 +short
> 10.3.18.43

 From here, "user.test.com" resolves to 69.172.200.109.

So, are you actually trying to resolve "user.test.com"?  If not, then
you need to tell us what the real domain is.  See:
https://blog.powerdns.com/2016/01/18/open-source-support-out-in-the-open/

If it is a fully delegated domain in the public DNS, then we can check it.

If it is *not* a fully delegated domain in the public DNS, this means
you must have other configuration which is relevant (e.g. a private
authoritative server, and recursor configuration to forward to it).
Therefore, show us that configuration.

Finally, try running dig without +short.  What status you see when there
are no results - NXDOMAIN, NOERROR, SERVFAIL, REFUSED, something else?