[Pdns-users] utf8mb4 / utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci

Thomas Mieslinger miesi at mail.com
Sun Aug 18 11:17:30 UTC 2019

Hi,

would not recommend anyone to use any "possibly more than one byte per
glyph charset" because I need the full content varchar(64000) column to
store CERT, RRSIG and long TXT records.

I would recommend to define "content varchar(64000) character set ascii
default null" to avoid that people insert TXT records like the following:

"“v=spf1 mx ip4:193.168.50.0/24 –all”"

It is unlikely that this information can be used by any mailserver.

Best regards

Thomas