[Pdns-users] How to effectively monitor

Thomas Mieslinger miesi at mail.com
Sun Aug 18 11:00:24 UTC 2019

Hi,

there are many ways to do this.

For fatal exceptions (Process terminates) service management systems
like Solaris SMF can send emails or SNMP traps to inform you.

For non fatal execeptions you can setup software like logwatch, swatch
etc to inform you.

Frankly speaking, you should make sure to not have any unparseable data
in any backend. This is the correct way in my opinion.

Thomas