[Pdns-users] Azure?

Pekka Panula pekka.panula at sofor.fi
Tue Apr 30 07:54:26 UTC 2019

Hi

We are running (authorative) PowerDNS (v4.1.x series) on Azure on CentOS 7.6, as public DNS server.

It was using ODBC to MSSQL, but with problems. Lot's of DB connection got stuck(/or something weird) and DNSSEC problems, maybe related to DB problems.

So I recently switched PDNS to use local MariaDB, and since that no problems.

So my 2cent is, don’t use ODBC backend, MySQL backend works way better.

Regards,
 Pekka Panula