[Pdns-users] PDNS-recursor as transparent proxy, fails for outside NS servers

curtis at maurand.com curtis at maurand.com
Sat Sep 22 14:17:18 UTC 2018

Have you thought about using dnsdist as the proxy instead? It's built specifically for this. It also has lua scripting. very fast.
September 21 2018 12:31 PM, "Chris Stradtman"  wrote:

If you feel comfortable with python, you could create a custom proxy using the twisted DNS package.
I did one for an unusual thing we were doing with DNS on a project we were working on.
In the end, it only took about a dozen lines to change flags in particular DNS responses and implement a cache.

Chris Stradtman
On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 5:43 AM Michał Zając  wrote: Hi.

21.09.2018 10:05 Chris Hofstaedtler  wrote:

> Just add the code in pdns-server to modify outgoing answers using Lua.
> I’m sure that’d be a well-received feature.

 "Just"… Anyone willing to do it for reasonable price to share it
with the community?

--
Greets, Michał Zając