[Pdns-users] Recursor to Respond Authoritatively for all Queries

Asanka Gunasekara asankag at talkup.com.au
Wed Oct 17 07:43:33 UTC 2018

Hi All,

Appreciate if you can provide me with some insights on how to get this to work.

I am currently using PDNS 4.1.X branch servers and have configure the auth server + recursor according to this setup under 1st scenario:

https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/guides/recursion.html

The issue I currently have is that when I test the records via intodns.com or some other DNS check servers they report back saying lame servers.

Under recursor.conf, I have the following two lines basically forwarding all queries to the authoritative server.
forward-zones=.=127.0.0.1:5300
forward-zones-recurse=.=127.0.0.1:5300

Is there a way to configure the recursor to answer authoritatively for all queries? Say for example via Lua script with setAA() function perhaps?

Kind Regards,
Asanka Gunasekara

P: 1300 825 587
E: support at talkup.com.au [http://talkup.com.au/] | W: www.talkup.com.au [http://www.talkup.com.au/]
Postal Address: PO Box 24, Varsity Lakes QLD 4227

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail This email message and any attachments are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any unauthorised disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by return email, or telephone 1300 825 587, and destroy the original message. We have taken precautions to minimise the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.

---