[Pdns-users] SQL backends columns roles

Sat Oct 6 20:45:37 UTC 2018

Am 04.10.2018 um 16:06 schrieb Rodrigo Severo - Fábrica:
> Hi,
>

> I'm trying to understand the role fulfilled by each column in the SQL
> backends.
>
> I have already read this page:
> https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/backends/generic-sql.html#queries
> but can't find any info on the "ordername" column in the "records" table.
>
> What is the role of the "ordername" column in the "records" table?

Copied from the URL you provided:

The ‘ordername’ field needs to be filled out depending on the NSEC/NSEC3
mode. When running in NSEC3 ‘Narrow’ mode, the ordername field is
ignored and best left empty. In NSEC/NSEC3 mode, the ordername field
should be NULL for any glue but filled in for all delegation NS records
and all authoritative records. In NSEC3 opt-out mode, ordername is NULL
for any glue and insecure delegation NS records, but filled in for
secure delegation NS records and all authoritative records.

In ‘NSEC’ mode, it should contain the /relative/ part of a domain name,
in reverse order, with dots replaced by spaces. So
‘www.uk.powerdnssec.org’ in the ‘powerdnssec.org’ zone should have ‘uk
www’ as its ordername.

In ‘NSEC3’ non-narrow mode, the ordername should contain a lowercase
base32hex encoded representation of the salted & iterated hash of the
full record name. |pdnsutil hash-zone-record zone record| can be used to
calculate this hash.

Klaus