[Pdns-users] Fwd: LUA records when behind the recursor

Guillaume Rozan grozan.pub at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 18:56:32 UTC 2018

Hi,

thanks a lot for your suggestion.
I tried and I'm happy to report that it indeed solved the problem :-)

For the record, and in case it could help someone else, as I want LUA
records working at the client IP level of granularity, for all my LAN
clients (subnet 10.0.0.0/8) for the 'home' zone, I added the following in
recursor.conf:
ecs-ipv4-bits=32
ecs-add-for=10.100.0.0/16
edns-subnet-whitelist=home

When you do that, you see the extra info attached to the requests in the
logs. Still no effect, though.
For the auth server to actually use that info, add the following in
pdns.conf:
edns-subnet-processing=yes

and it starts to work!
Thanks again