[Pdns-users] recursor: no reverse lookups

Frank Louwers frank+pdns at tembo.be
Mon Nov 19 08:15:49 UTC 2018

Sig,

First of all it’s best not to use nslookup. It can produce unpredictable and sometimes false results. Please use a tool like “dig” or “drill”.

Is 192.168.94.66#53 the authoritative server for that 94.168.192.in-addr.arp domain? If so, then yes, the result is an authoritative answer, as the auth-server provided that answer.

Your pdns-recursor in front of it, is a recursor,  so the result is non-auth.

Hope this helps…

Frank Louwers