[Pdns-users] Error with rec_control reload

MRob mrobti at insiberia.net
Mon May 7 09:01:42 UTC 2018

On 2018-05-07 07:16, Aki Tuomi wrote:
> On 07.05.2018 09:58, MRob wrote:

>>> This sounds like you are using chroot?
>>
>> Not that I know of.
>>
>>> If so, you need to configure the
>>> control socket to /var/run/pdns and then make sure you symlink or
>>> bind-mount it to outside the chroot under /var/run/pdns. Otherwise it
>>> won't work.
>>>
>>> Aki
>>

> Can you run sudo strace -econnect,bind rec_control reload-lua-script
> and
> post the result?

yes, thanks for your help

bind(3, {sa_family=AF_LOCAL, sun_path="/var/run/lsock6hPxMw"}, 110) = 0
connect(3, {sa_family=AF_LOCAL,
sun_path="/var/run/pdns_recursor.controlsocket"}, 110) = 0
Fatal: Timeout waiting for answer from control channel
+++ exited with 1 +++

Yet in the log I still see the error
pdns_recursor: 0 (Re)loaded lua script from
'/etc/pdns-recursor/blocklist.lua'
pdns_recursor: Error dealing with control socket request: Unable to send
message over control channel '/var/run/lsock6hPxMw': No such file or
directory

Is the problem caused/related to the timeout?