[Pdns-users] Powerdns life cycle

Diego Bellini Diego.Bellini at Exponential-e.com
Wed Jul 25 09:57:46 UTC 2018

Thanks Bert

Cheers,
Diego

________________________________
From: bert hubert <bert.hubert at powerdns.com>
Sent: 25 July 2018 10:02
To: Diego Bellini <Diego.Bellini at Exponential-e.com>
Cc: pdns-users at mailman.powerdns.com
Subject: Re: [Pdns-users] Powerdns life cycle

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 08:39:11AM +0000, Diego Bellini wrote:
> I have tried to have a look at the website www.powerdns.com<http://www.powerdns.com><http://www.powerdns.com<http://www.powerdns.com>> but I couldn't find the information I needed
> More or less last year I installed powerdns authoritative server 4.05
> I was wondering till when it will receive security patches

Details on our 'end of life' policy can be found here:

https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/appendices/EOL.html<https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/appendices/EOL.html>

For now it says:

"PowerDNS Authoritative Server 4.0 will only receive correctness, stability and security updates.

PowerDNS Authoritative Server 3.x and 2.x are end of life, and will not receive any updates, not even security
fixes."

We are unable to provide any guarantees how long we'll take care of 4.0,
unless you are a commercially supported user when we make binding promises
to you.

Bert