[Pdns-users] powerdns 4.1 recursive queries architecture change

Alain RICHARD alain.richard at equation.fr
Tue Jan 23 08:09:39 UTC 2018

I well know the scenario 3, but it means to either reconfigure the clients to point to the new DNS recursor, or reconfigure the domains and masters/slave servers in order to point to the new DNS auth.

My point here is not technical, I well know theses possibilities. The problem is that on 90% of installations (generally bind installations), the sites are using the same addresses for auth and recursor function.

So for me the problem is do I still can use powerdns as replacement for bind without reconfiguring the whole DNS setup on curstomer’s sites.

Regards,

Alain RICHARD