[Pdns-users] [External] Re: Notification for domains to ip1:53 failed after retries

Wed Jan 17 15:32:13 UTC 2018

Am 17.01.2018 um 11:31 schrieb Steve Zeng:
> I came across this post and was concerned if the high number of NOTIFY/AXFR overloaded PowerDNS, given that we have ~6,000 zones and ~100 BIND slaves. Do you know if there is a built-in limit on the AXFR volume?

Probably not the number of zones but the number of changes in this zone
is more relevant.

Nevertheless, using that number of zones and name servers I would also
use a database replication (which implies that you have to replace Bind
with PowerDNS on your anycast nodes). I can recommend PostgreSQL with
Slony (works great here with 40 slaves and nearly 1mio zones)

I wonder, in your current setup, are the slaves all in sync with the
master? That was our concern when we decided to use PowerDNS with
DB-replciation.

regards
Klaus