[Pdns-users] Quick question re: recursing rfc-1918 in.addr.arpa

Richard Holbo holbor at hunterfiber.com
Mon Jan 8 21:01:35 UTC 2018

Am fairly new to PDNS, have 4 auth and 4 recursive servers setup.
rfc1918 zones in the authoritative servers work as expected.  RFC1918
in the recursors works appropriately if I have a forward statement of:

1.2.10.in-addr.arpa=1.2.3.4, 2.2.3.4

However can I wildcard the reverse zone somehow?  I just want it to
goto my servers for ALL rfc1918 space.

Tried
10.in.addr.arpa=1.2.3.4, 2.2.3.4
168.192.in-addr.arpa=1.2.3.4, 2.2.3.4
16-31.172.in-addr.arpa=1.2.3.4, 2.2.3.4

As that's the way the documentation mentions them in the serve-rfc1918 option.

Don't really want to have to update the forward file each time ops
adds a rfc-1918 /24 network.

/thanks
/rh