[Pdns-users] RE ignoring non-query opcode 6

Jake Hansen jhansen at ztelco.com
Wed Feb 7 03:37:16 UTC 2018

Hello kind gents,

Someone turned me on to pdns_recursor and i'm trying to deploy it.  I have
a pair of A-10 Load balancers front ending and now the logs are spamming

Ignoring non-query opcode 6 from xx.xx.xx.xx on server socket!

I was googling around and found that sometime ago, a patch was added to
drop non zero opcodes.  I suspect that the opcodes are some sort of keep
alive check by the load balancers.  Should I be worried about this?

Thanks for any info.

Regards,

Jake