[Pdns-users] allow-from and recursion

Sergio Cesar sergio at winc.net
Sun Aug 5 00:01:36 UTC 2018

Installed PDNS 4.1.3 on a ubuntu 18.04.

I have try to follow
https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/guides/recursion.html setting up
scenario 1:

Any address I enter in "allow-from" is able to query the server and
recursion works ok, but no other query from the Internet is successful
unless I add 0.0.0.0/0 unfortunately this is not acceptable to have a
fully open server to the Internet.

In bind we have "allow-recursion" and a list of all the addresses the
server will respond to and still respond to any query to domains itself
hosts .

How can I configure pdns and pdns-recursor to respond to queries from
anyone to the authoritative server but only recurse to the allowed list?
without having an open dns on the Internet?

Thanks.