[Pdns-users] Lua control of config settings?

MRob mrobti at insiberia.net
Mon Apr 16 10:03:56 UTC 2018

On 2018-04-16 07:01, Brian Candler wrote:
> On 15/04/2018 22:08, MRob wrote:
>> I read about how recursor can be used to block queries for tracking
>> domains:
>>
>> https://blog.powerdns.com/2016/01/19/efficient-optional-filtering-of-domains-in-recursor-4-0-0/
>
> You may find this interesting:
>
> https://www.powerdns.com/resources/2016%20UKNOF%20filtering%20bert%20hubert.pdf
>
> According to this, you *should* be able to load a million domains into
> LUA without problem.

That's the same method this person said crashed recursor with much less
https://git.mauras.ch/Various/powerdns_recursor_ads_blocking
Are there other people who have experience?

> But you can also do lookups in a CDB file.

Do you know where I can find info about this? There is tinydns backend,
maybe there is a way in LUA preresolve function to do lookup to
different backend? Ignore backend otherwise.