[Pdns-users] Attempt to print an unset dnsname

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne at powerdns.com
Wed Oct 25 08:53:32 UTC 2017

Hi Klaus,

On 10/25/2017 10:29 AM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> May it be that the exception and stacktrace do not correlate, eg. the
> exception causes some exit code, the exit is caught by the signal
> handler, something goes wrong (signal 11=segfault), and then a stack
> trace is generated of some other thread which does not correlate with
> the origin exception?

Yes, that's exactly what's happening. One thread call exit() while
another one is working, and it looks the one still working is trying to
access something that has already been destroyed by the exiting one,
causing a memory violation. The resulting signal 11 is caught and we get
the related trace, but unfortunately that doesn't tell us anything about
the first exception.

--
Remi