[Pdns-users] Are stub zones supported by PowerDNS recursor?

bert hubert bert.hubert at powerdns.com
Thu Oct 19 10:11:19 UTC 2017

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 11:39:00AM +0200, Marco Pizzoli wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am new to PowerDNS and to this mailing list as well.

Welcome!

> I am looking for stub zone support in PowerDNS but failing to see it
> referenced  in the documentation.

Some of the things that stub zones we can do, we can do as well. So you can
define customer NS records for a zone, for example, or you can override an
entire zone from a zone file.

To forward a whole zone, use forward-zones, forward-zones-file or
forward-zones-recurse. This is the equivalent of setting custom NS records
in a stub zone.

To override specific domains, use auth-zones.

If you have a need not covered by this, please let us know.

	Bert