[Pdns-users] Some questions regarding Postgres Replication / Native operation

Sun Oct 15 19:00:26 UTC 2017

Am 07.10.2017 um 22:59 schrieb Fabian:
> Hi,
>
> I have some questions regarding the integration of PostgreSQL replication and PowerDNS operating in native mode.
> As the replication of Postgres is a master - slave replication the transactions on the slaves are read-only.
>
> - Is there a way to delegate all write operations the the PowerDNS “master” (the one using the PostgreSQL master instance), like "forward-dnsupdate=yes” does for dnsupdates?

Are there any write operations? In native mode I guess there shouldn'T
be any write queries - maybe only for DNSSEC key management.

Maybe if you do some fancy stuff only against the PowerDNS which uses
the Postgres-Master then it should work.
> - How does the DNSSEC inception works with the native mode? Will the “master” try to re-sign the zone or are all PowerDNS servers trying to re-sign the zone (with failures on the read-only databases)?
AFAIK PowerDNS does online-signing - hence the signatures are not in the
DB. Hence, every node does signing on its own (A PowerDNS server does
not know if the Postgresql DB is a replication slave or master).

What exactly is your problem?

regards
Klaus