[Pdns-users] isolation level and binary-log-format

Eric Beck ericbeck at cadns.ca
Tue Oct 3 15:35:58 UTC 2017

Hi,

Very new to PowerDNS Authoritative ... initial setup and testing

Setting up 4.1 on Centos 7, mariadb backend

Re: binary-log-format  This is detailed in the 4.0 docs but not in the 4.1

I assumed it would hold true for 4.1 regarding setting the
binary-log-format to MIXED or ROW for replication (NATIVE mode).  Is
this correct?  I have it set to MIXED in my.cnf right now.  Should it be
ROW?

Second question

in the https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/binary-log-setting.html
page, there is a reference to using InnoDB with only ROW based binary
log format ...

"If you are using InnoDB tables and the transaction isolation level is
READ COMMITTED or READ UNCOMMITTED, only row-based logging can be used.
It is possible to change the logging format to STATEMENT, but doing so
at runtime leads very rapidly to errors because InnoDB can no longer
perform inserts."

Right now, for MariaDB the default Isolation level for Global is set to
REPEATABLE-READ  Is this correct/OK for the PowerDNS Authoritative
server with mysql backend?

Thanks,
Eric