[Pdns-users] Question about logging changes

Dirk Bartley dirk at rustyloon.net
Tue Nov 28 17:06:02 UTC 2017

Thank you for the quick reply!

On Tue, 2017-11-28 at 16:10 +0000, Brian Candler wrote:
> On 28/11/2017 16:02, Dirk Bartley wrote:
> >
> > One of the features being
> > requested is the ability to log the who, what and when of all changes
> > to the data that dns is serving.
>
> My first inclination would be to use a SQL backend, and put triggers on
> the tables to record all insert/update/delete operations.  That probably
> won't capture the "who" though.

You could log the who of who is logged into the database, but if the database
connection is done from a front end, it would always be the users the front end
connects to the database as.  But if you have a front end, just manage it by who
is logged into the Front end.

I was wondering for what already exists before advocating that we write one.
 Looks like I should be looking at the documentation of the API.

Thank you very kindly.

Dirk

believed to be clean.