[Pdns-users] API-RECTIFY set to 1 but zone does not rectify

Pieter Lexis pieter.lexis at powerdns.com
Wed Nov 22 22:45:33 UTC 2017

Hi Eric,

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 11:14:22 -0500
Eric Beck <ericbeck at cadns.ca> wrote:

> We have the API listening on the actual IP address of the master
> (NATIVE), mariadb gmysql backend, pdns now 4.1.0 rc3
>
> I'm going to list the steps to reproduce this
> [...]

Without attempting these reproduction steps (but thank you for this!), I *think* this issue is fixed in the current master (upcoming 4.1.0 final release). See GitHub issue #5968[1].
The problem here was that we'd start a transaction in one connection and attempted to hook into the existing transaction to rectify, leading to a timeout/hang.

If you want to test if this fixes the issue for you, grab a master package from our repos[2] and retry these steps.

Best regards,

Pieter

1 - https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/pull/5968
2 - https://repo.powerdns.com