[Pdns-users] PDNS Server migration - Using AXFR to a Slave-Capable Backend

Mislav | SysAdmin mislavorsolic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 11:30:23 UTC 2017

If someone will have the same issue, the answer is here:
https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/backends/generic-sql.html#generic-sql-handling-dnssec-signed-zones

"In addition, PowerDNS fully supports empty non-terminals. If you have a
zone example.com, and a host a.b.c.example.com in it, rectify-zone (and
the AXFR client code) will insert b.c.example.com and c.example.com in
the records table with type NULL (SQL NULL, not ‘NULL’). Having these
entries provides several benefits. We no longer reply NXDOMAIN for these
shorter names (this was an RFC violation but not one that caused
trouble). But more importantly, to do NSEC3 correctly, we need to be
able to prove existence of these shorter names. The type=NULL records
entry gives us a place to store the NSEC3 hash of these names."

Thanks everyone.