[Pdns-users] API-RECTIFY set to 1 but zone does not rectify

Eric Beck ericbeck at cadns.ca
Sat Nov 11 16:59:48 UTC 2017

> select * from domainmetadata;

+----+-----------+--------------+----------+
| id | domain_id | kind         | content  |
+----+-----------+--------------+----------+
|  1 |       874 | NSEC3PARAM   | 1 0 1 ab |
|  2 |      6890 | NSEC3PARAM   | 1 0 1 ab |
|  4 |      7087 | API-RECTIFY  | 1        |
|  5 |      7087 | SOA-EDIT-API | DEFAULT  |
+----+-----------+--------------+----------+

so the domain we're dealing with is 7087

Then I do an API update to the domain, (7087) which I can verify, and
the the ordername field in the records table turn to NULL.  When you run
pdnsutil rectify-zone it puts the ordername into the ordername field,

i.e., assume CNAME record foxtrot.domain.ca  after pdnsutil rectify-zone
domain.ca the ordername field contains "foxtrot"

According to the docs with API-RECTIFY set to 1, the zone should rectify
but clearly it doesn't.  (There is no problem with the SOA being updated
upon a modification through the API.  That part works fine.)

Of course the workaround is to run the curl API command in a shell
script and then have the same script run the pdnsutil rectify-zone
<zone> command, but this seems convoluted seeing as the domainmetadata
setting should be taking care of that from the API.

Any ideas on this?

Eric