[Pdns-users] PowerDNS Recursor 4.1.0 Release Candidate 2 Available!

Erik Winkels erik.winkels at open-xchange.com
Fri Nov 3 14:55:58 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

Now that the Release Candidate 1 has simmered for a while, we present PowerDNS Authoritative Server Release Candidate 2!

Thanks to everyone who tested RC1.

This release has several performance improvements, stability and correctness fixes.

Of course, this release also has corrected typos, improvements to the documentation and a lot of minor improvements of issues discovered by Jan-Piet Mens.

Thanks for fixing issues not mentioned below go out to: Kees Monshouwer.

Additional documentation improvements by: Anhad Jai Singh and Christian Hofstaedtler.

The full changelog is here[1].

The tarball is available on downloads.powerdns.com[2] (signature[3]) and packages for CentOS 6 and 7, Debian Jessie and Stretch, Ubuntu Trusty, Yakkety, Xenial and Zesty are available from https://repo.powerdns.com. (The Raspbian packages will come later, possibly Monday, because they are still building.)

We invite you to test this release candidate and send us all feedback and issues you might have via the mailinglist, or in case of a bug, via GitHub[4].

Happy testing!

1 - https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/changelog/4.1.html#change-4.1.0-rc2
2 - https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/pdns-4.1.0-rc2.tar.bz2
3 - https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/pdns-4.1.0-rc2.tar.bz2.sig