[Pdns-users] PowerDNS API and RFC in relation to CNAMEs

Diego Bellini Diego.Bellini at Exponential-e.com
Tue May 9 15:33:10 UTC 2017

Hi James,
In relation to tests I have done so far, also if they are at an early stage, they seems good

Can I ask some example of flaw that you have encountered so far?
At least I will be aware of it

Thanks
Diego

________________________________
Exponential-e Limited
t: 020 7096 4084
e: Diego.Bellini at Exponential-e.com<mailto:Diego.Bellini at Exponential-e.com>
From: James Archer [mailto:bostcolojim at gmail.com]
Sent: 09 May 2017 15:09
To: Diego Bellini <Diego.Bellini at Exponential-e.com>
Cc: pdns-users at mailman.powerdns.com
Subject: Re: [Pdns-users] PowerDNS API and RFC in relation to CNAMEs

I can’t answer this particular question but a fair argument could be made that it’s up to your application to do checking like that.

I experimented with the API quite a bit and eventually had to give up on it. It seems to be very early in its development and has some flaws. Given how easy it is to simply create and modify records in the database, I suggest you just go that route.