[Pdns-users] How To Configure PowerDNS

Tim Semeijn noc at babylon.network
Mon May 8 21:21:39 UTC 2017

When setting up PowerDNS you can choose to use a MySQL backend
(https://doc.powerdns.com/md/authoritative/howtos/#basic-setup-configuring-database-connectivity).
The replication is not part of PowerDNS itself but is just regular MySQL
replication and needs to be set up separately.

My advice would be to set up the master & separate slave node with MySQL
as backend. Afterwards you can dive into MySQL replication and hook your
slave up to the master node.

For CentOS 7 & your chosen MySQL backend there should be enough guides
to find online.