[Pdns-users] Notify being ignored

David Jones djones at ena.com
Wed May 3 22:10:02 UTC 2017

I have a PowerDNS server setup as a slave and see this in my logs constantly:

Received NOTIFY for example.com from 1.2.3.4 but remote is not permitted by TSIG or allow-notify-from

I was hoping to not have to maintain a long list of master IPs in the allow-notify-from.  One would think that the IP being listed in the domains.master table would automatically allow NOTIFYs for that domain.  One would also think that an IP being listed in the supermaster.ip table would allow NOTIFYs from that supermaster.

Am I missing something?  Will I need to add something to the domainmetadata table to allow NOTIFYs?

Thanks
Dave