[Pdns-users] Anycast DNS

Mark Scholten mark at streamservice.nl
Wed May 3 14:22:08 UTC 2017

Hello Alejandro,

Based on my limited experience with anycast and DNS. So please correct me if I’m wrong.

-          You don’t need to migrate to a different backend for anycast.

-          EDNS is not a requirement for anycast.

-          Your version will probably work with anycast, however upgrading to the latest version could be a good idea.

-          You don’t need to update your NS records for anycast.

-          Enabling IPv6 is always a good idea!

Do you run your own network? Do you have the same IP space available at multiple locations? This is important for anycast.

PS. If possible I would suggest to upgrade to the latest PowerDNS version and also look into DNSsec.

Kind regards,

Mark Scholten