[Pdns-users] Recursor: behaviour of packet cache

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Thu Mar 16 14:57:29 UTC 2017

On 16/03/2017 12:43, Øystein Viggen wrote:
> You also have the config options packetcache-ttl and max-negative-ttl.
> These take a number of seconds.  I used to have packetcache-ttl=20 way
> back when the packetcache was new and wipe-cache only cleared the
> regular cache.  (wipe-cache has wiped also the packet cache for years
> now).

Thank you. I found those options after posting the mail, and have now
set to 600 and 300 respectively.

I'm impressed how effective the packet cache is:

root at wrn-dns1:~# rec_control get packetcache-hits
2403820
root at wrn-dns1:~# rec_control get packetcache-misses
80289
root at wrn-dns1:~# rec_control get cache-hits
3018
root at wrn-dns1:~# rec_control get cache-misses
77305

Cheers,

Brian.