[Pdns-users] recursive server failing

bert hubert bert.hubert at powerdns.com
Sat Jul 29 09:19:43 UTC 2017

On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 12:19:11AM -0400, Charles Sprickman wrote:
> Here’s a few things I’ve tried:
>
> - Verify with DNSVIZ: http://dnsviz.net/d/dot.nyc.gov/dnssec/
> - Update PowerDNS to powerdns-recursor-4.0.6
> - Remove “scrub” rules from pf configuration
> - Change pf rules to be stateless
> - Look for denied traffic by running tcpdump against pflog device while performing query
> - Checked record by querying BIND on same host
> - Checked record elsewhere (successful)

Thank you for specifying this in so much detail, very appreciated.

> Any ideas where to start with this?  Anyone else seeing the same issue with this record?

We have not heard of this. What we recommend is to enable 'trace' or if that
is too much, 'trace-regex' for dot.nyc.gov. This will give a ton of detail
on what is going on.

We can then find out the problem for you, or perhaps you see it already.

Good luck and let us know!

	Bert