[Pdns-users] PowerDNS and CNAMEs

Rune Sørensen rune at falcon.io
Mon Jul 24 11:00:35 UTC 2017

Thank you, Brian

I'm not too worried about PowerDNS and Cloudflare not being in sync, as the
only records we care about in Cloudflare are short lived _acme-challenge
TXT records, and we have a process running that make sure those stay synced
:)

Also thank you to David, for poiting me to the guide.

Moving the recursor from the PowerDNS server to the dedicated recursor
service, with a forward rule for internal domain, solved the problem.
I'm still not sure why the recursor functionality within the PowerDNS
server acted the way it did, but it is of little concern since the
functionality is being removed :)

*Rune Tor Sørensen*
Site Reliability Engineer
+45 3172 2097 <+4531722097>