[Pdns-users] Disable pdns-recursor caching for a single forwarded domain

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Thu Jul 20 14:37:38 UTC 2017

Hi PDNS community,

I am currently running pdns-recursor version 3.7.4 and am trying to
disable caching for a single forwarded domain. I am current trying
to use the following lua script but although being called, the
setvariable() call does not seem to turn off the caching. I would
expect each call to hit the DNS servers for the forwarded zone:

------------------nocache.lua
function endswith(s, send)
         return #s >= #send and s:find(send, #s-#send+1, true) and true or false
end

function preresolve( remoteip, domain, qtype )
  if endswith(domain, ".ad.rice.edu.")
  then
    if qtype ~= pdns.A
    then
      return pdns.PASS, {}
    end
    pdnslog("preresolve called for: "..domain, pdns.loglevels.Info)
    setvariable()
  end
  return pdns.PASS, {}
end

Is this possible? I have tried the same with a postresolve() function
but it still appears to cache based on the TTL.

Regards,
Ken