[Pdns-users] pdns_recursors trusts addtional section where it better shouldn't

Thomas Mieslinger miesi at india.com
Fri Feb 17 10:33:59 UTC 2017

On 17.02.17 11:14, Aki Tuomi wrote:
> On 17.02.2017 12:11, Thomas Mieslinger wrote:
 > [..]
> Those additional records are placed there by the owner of the name(s).

Yes.

As you can see in example, invalid data can be used.

Over the past 20 year verisign refused to check data (like .de and .fr
do) because customers don't want to see error messages. customers are
always right and know what they are doing.

And versign adds glue where it is not needed (a .com domain with .net
nameservers does not need glue.)

> ~$ whois dns103.ovh.net
>
> Whois Server Version 2.0
>
> Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
> with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
> for detailed information.
>
 > [..]
>
> So the owner can fix it, or request gandi to fix it.

Can I get the .com and the .net zone file please. That would speed up
the process enormously.