[Pdns-users] Dig: zone queries are not answered without the ANY flag

Pieter Lexis pieter.lexis at powerdns.com
Wed Dec 13 08:53:19 UTC 2017

Hi Nikolaos,

On Tue, 12 Dec 2017 00:50:33 +0200
Nikolaos Milas <nmilas at admin.noa.gr> wrote:

> I have recently upgraded to latest versions of pdns & pdns-recursor. I
> am now running (on CentOS 7.4.1708):
>
>     pdns-4.0.5-1pdns.el7.x86_64
>     pdns-backend-ldap-4.0.5-1pdns.el7.x86_64
>     pdns-recursor-4.0.7-1pdns.el7.x86_64
>
> using the LDAP Backend. Packages have been installed from
> powerdns-auth-40.repo and powerdns-rec-40.repo

It looks like you are querying your recursor, can you run the NS query (and the ANY query) directly against your authoritative server?
How is your set up? Please share your pdns.conf and recursor.conf.

Also, can you show the output of `pdnsutil check-zone noa.gr`?

Best regards,

Pieter

--
Pieter Lexis