[Pdns-users] API functionality with ldap backend in 4.1.0

Dirk Bartley dirk at rustyloon.net
Mon Dec 4 16:46:59 UTC 2017

Greetings

I have a testing vm installed and functional and answering dns queries.  pdns-
4.1.0   I installed PowerDNS-Admin as a possible add on interface and it appears
the API calls for stats and configuration are working, but not the other api
calls for zones and hosts.

The ldap data is the output of pdns-zone2ldap.  I did get the schema into
openldap with the additional pdns-domaininfo schema.  For one zone for testing
purpose I added data for PdnsDomain to see if I could get it to work.

curl -v -H 'X-API-Key: abc' http://127.0.0.1:8081/api/v1/servers/localhost/zones

returns an empty set of zones.  I have watched the slapd logs and noticed that
when the above curl command is run, powerdns connects to slapd, but performs no
searches.

So my question is should the api functionality correctly function with ldap
backend, or is this still a work in process.  Is there something more I need to
do.

Thank you very kindly in advance for your assistance.

Dirk

Aside:  It took a bit of effort to create the ldif files to load the schemas in
the openldap.  I could provide the ones I created for inclusion if desired.

believed to be clean.