[Pdns-users] pdns-recursor 3.7.4 on Redhat Linux always returns SERVFAIL for AAAA lookups

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Wed Aug 16 16:15:41 UTC 2017

On 16/08/2017 17:11, Kenneth Marshall wrote:
> I am investigating a caching problem and the cause is that
> the 3.7.4 recursor returns a SERVFAIL error for a AAAA lookup.
> The AAAA record does not exist, but an A record does.

It seems from your lua script that you are having problems with one
particular domain, not all domains.  Can you share what that domain is?
Is it possible that the authoritative server for that domain is not
correctly responding to AAAA queries?

Or, can you replicate this problem with all third-party domain names
which have A but not AAAA records?