[Pdns-users] PowerDNS authoritative, galera

Nick Urbanik nick.urbanik at optusnet.com.au
Wed Aug 16 02:17:41 UTC 2017

Dear Folks,

Thank you for the great software.

BACKGROUND:

We have just set up an authoritative pair of slaves at two different
locations.  The two slaves at each location share an anycast address.
Both slaves read/write to a galera backend through a unix socket.  We
are using PowerDNS 4.0.4 on RHEL 7.

These slaves use ordinary DNS replication from a master with a mysql
backend.  The slaves are using Percona-XtraDB-Cluster 5.7.17.  The
masters are using Percona-Server 5.7.18 with corosync and pacemaker,
DRBD.

PROBLEM:

We have PowerDNS failing quite often (about twice daily) with this message:
Aug 16 04:11:45 dnsslave2 pdns-instance[20433]: Exiting because communicator
thread died with error: GSQLBackend unable to refresh domain_id 18537: Could not
 execute mysql statement: update domains set last_check=? where id=?: Deadlock f
ound when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction
Aug 16 04:11:46 dnsslave2 pdns-instance[20433]: Got a signal 6, attempting to
 print trace:

[stack trace followed by restart by systemd]

I would be grateful for any suggestions on what we could do to remedy this.
Nick Urbanik http://nicku.org 808-71011 nick.urbanik at optusnet.com.au
GPG: 7FFA CDC7 5A77 0558 DC7A 790A 16DF EC5B BB9D 2C24  ID: BB9D2C24
I disclaim, therefore I am.