[Pdns-users] dnssec support

Pieter Lexis pieter.lexis at powerdns.com
Mon Aug 14 13:44:35 UTC 2017

Hello Curtis,

On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 08:55:02 -0400
Curtis Maurand <cmaurand at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I've been scouring the docs all morning looking for an answer, but no
> dice.  What do I need to do to get dnssec compiled in?  The doc's nor
> ./configure --help is much help on this.  All I see is to add the -dnssec,
> but configure tells me it doesn't know how to build gmysql-dnssec
> --Curtis

Compiling the authoritative server will give you DNSSEC support out of the box (as we link in OpenSSL).
The `-dnssec` option is for configuring the server in pdns.conf, e.g.: `gmysql-dnssec=yes` enables DNSSEC for the mysql backend.

Can you tell us why this was unclear so we can amend the documentaion?

Best regards,

Pieter

--
Pieter Lexis