[Pdns-users] pdns-recursor: Only two threads used when threads=4

abang abang at t-ipnet.net
Fri Oct 21 08:28:57 UTC 2016

Hi Grace,

Since 3.7.0, Recursor distributes queries to the threads itself. See
https://doc.powerdns.com/md/recursor/settings/#pdns-distributes-queries

Additional it hashes the queries with the goal to send the same query to
the same thread. This improves the cache hit rate and thus the average
latency and the overall performance.

I guess your query generator sends only 2 different queries (or more
queries which lead to only 2 different hash results).

Winfried