[Pdns-users] throttled-outqueries

Alejandro Adroher Mellado alejandro.adroher at omniaccess.com
Tue Oct 11 15:05:00 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm interested in how can I investigate in deep the throttled out queries.
We have an open recursor due to business needs and during the last weeks we are answering a lot of SERVFAIL for random queries like web-127.com ..... (all of the forwarded to our abuse pool server)

From last service reboot I have this stats: (Recursor v 3.7.3)
throttle-entries        390
throttled-out   344055
throttled-outqueries    344055

We received 2.291.374 of SERVFAILS on last 10 days.
The server performance it's fine!

But, we are receiving on syslog a lot of entries like : kernel: [21099878.651281] net_ratelimit: 153 callbacks suppressed
We cannot be sure that both (SERVFAIL & kernel net_ratelimit) are related.

Have anyone previous experience on this case?

Thanks a lot.

Alejandro